6.06.2009

Technology...Good, Bad or Ugly....

Alamagordo, NM - Broken Arrow, OK
June 5th
Today was the longest amount of time in the car so far. Also it was first time I really had a problem with my Garmin GPS (Which probably contributed to it being the longest day in the car)
If you look at the map, you can see that there is a much better way to get where we were going. but that ok, not everyone gets to go through 15 New Mexico speed traps in one day, not to mention Roswell....I dont know what all the hype is about roswell, we were looking for evidence of extra terrestrial life forms, and all we found was a Wal-Mart with a bunch of aliens painted on it.

After a good stretch we piled back into the car and headed for Texas. our next stop was the Cadillac Ranch just outside of Amarillo.


[ The Cadillac Ranch, located along the tatters of historic Route 66, was built in 1974, brainchild of Stanley Marsh 3, the helium millionaire who owns the dusty wheat field where it stands. Marsh and The Ant Farm, a San Francisco art collective, assembled used Cadillacs representing the "Golden Age" of American Automobiles (1949 through 1963). The ten graffiti-covered cars are half-buried, nose-down, facing west "at the same angle as the Cheops' pyramids." ] - http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2220

Dinner was at the "Big Texan" home of the Free 72oz Steak dinner only if eaten within one hour.

Did you catch the fine print. I didnt try it but I enjoyed watching two different guys have their ego smashed at the front of the dining room. If you want to have the same fun I did you can watch the following live feed (no pun intended)

The steak was pretty good, but unless you have deep pockets I'd think twice about going there again! We will just chalk it up as part of the trip and count it as a lessoned learned! At least the kids had a good time!


We rolled into Tulsa about 1am. Many thanks to my sister and Chad for waiting up for us so we could crash at their house for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment