Day 1: Wednesday May 26thWe started out in Oklahoma this morning after spending last evening with my Dad. My Sister her husband were up for the weekend so we had a Memorial Day cookout (at 10:00 at night) but that's another story! We got got started a little bit later that we would have liked but that's OK, we will get there when we get there.
We pretty much drove from Flint Ridge all the way to the Texas/Oklahoma line with only a few stops.
One of which was on the Turner Turnpike between Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

I normally wouldnt write about a rest stop on the highway but this one was had character! It sported a pretty hilarious spin on the normal restroom sign!
OK, enough potty humor already!
Back on the road...We haven't got all day you know!
....(alright, I know...we do so have all day)
We passed by a small part of the Blue Canyon wind farm its the largest of its kind in Oklahoma and one of the largest in the United States. The picture I was able to snap with my phone from the road while driving just doesn't do it justice!
So back to the first "Real" stop of the trip.
We made PB&J's at a road side rest just a few miles from the Oklahoma/Texas Line.
It was good to stretch, the kids got a play on the little playground there and unwind a bit.
We passed by a small part of the Blue Canyon wind farm its the largest of its kind in Oklahoma and one of the largest in the United States. The picture I was able to snap with my phone from the road while driving just doesn't do it justice!So back to the first "Real" stop of the trip.
We made PB&J's at a road side rest just a few miles from the Oklahoma/Texas Line.
It was good to stretch, the kids got a play on the little playground there and unwind a bit.
Since we didn't get a chance for a family picture as we crossed from Arkansas to Oklahoma so we took advantage of the fact that there was one on the other side of the state as well.
The temperature outside dropped and it started to rain as we got close to New Mexico.
It wasn't too long before the sun started to shine again which formed the most amazing rainbow. I don't think I've ever actually seen the end of the rainbow before! I got a decent shot but there wasn't any gold! I guess the lepercauhn beat me to it!
There were several points where it was actually a full double rainbow. WOW!
There were several points where it was actually a full double rainbow. WOW!
We rolled into Santa Rosa, New Mexico about 9pm or so. That 1 hour in time change sure seems to make a difference when youve been on the road all day long. We had dinner at a denny's (not my first choice, but when they roll up the streets at night you have to take what you can get!) Tomorrow will be a full day!
No comments:
Post a Comment