6.04.2009

That last step is a doozy!

Well we did make it to the Grand Canyon (Finally)! .... I havent updated this blog in a a few days because...well quite honestly..I've enjoyed not being in front of a computer.

We Traveled up I-40 to Flagstaff and then took 180 into the south entrance of the South Rim. The drive long but the scenery was amazing. The San Fransisco Peaks near flagstaff are still covered in snow at the top.













It was almost dark as we arrived at the Grand Canyon, so we didnt have much time to look around. We got checked into out lodge and went to watch the sunset at Yavapai Point. The clouds were pretty thick which made the colors less vibrant, but it was still very beautiful.

After the sun went down we went and found some dinner (which was overpriced and not very good) but I will admit, I was getting pretty tired of PB&J!

We saw a coyote on our way back to the lodge. I set my alarm for 4:30am so I could watch the sun rise. A grand canyon sunrise is one of the very few things that I'd be willing get up at 4:30 in the morning for!

No comments:

Post a Comment