6.05.2009

Chillin' out in the Valley of the Sun

We woke up to a beautiful morning in Prescott Valley and enjoyed a nice soak in the spa before eating breakfest and heading to Phoenix. We will be staying with some good friends of ours for a few days. It will be nice to be in one place for more than a day. Im a little tired after having been on the go all week.

What a difference a hundred miles makes when you are driving downhill the whole way. The temp outside went from mid to upper 60s to 102 in a very short time!

We met our friends in Phoenix @ chase field, They had been given some extra tickets to the D-backs game vs. the Atlanta braves. That worked well because if I were to be into baseball, id be a braves fan!

We left the game early because it wasnt holding the kids attention . The braves had a solid lead so that was fine with me, but i found out after getting to our friends house that the D-backs won in the 11th inning. What a game to walk away from!!!

On Sunday evening we met with one of Sarah's Aunts for dinner. We went to Rawhide in Chandler, AZ (just outside of Phoenix) Its a old west town mock up that has everything from a jail to a gold mine and of course a steakhouse. The kids panned for painted rocks (aka..GOLD)



I was questioned by the town DEP U. T. ~ and got suckered into having my Carachature drawn - For 10 bucks I was pretty bummed. It was more of a sharpie drawing. Nothing like I expected.
I tried fried rattlesnake for the first time. Guess what it tasted like ~ yep, you guessed it - CHICKEN!
BEFORE
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment